One of the most challenging aspects of the military spouse life is preparing for an upcoming PCS or if you get the chance, potentially picking a new duty station. There is a lot of information out there, and it can be almost overwhelming.
We here at Army Wife Network want to take the some of the guesswork out of the need-to-knows about duty stations around the globe. Hence, our POST WITH THE MOST SERIES. In this particular blog, we will be showcasing information related to Red River Army Depot, TX.
(If you have additional tips, information, connections or personal testimonials about this military location, feel free to leave a comment below to help out your fellow military spouse. Thanks!)
Red River Army Depot is located in the area commonly known as the “Four States Area” and is situated in Northeast Texas. Its primary mission is the maintenance of tactical wheeled vehicles as well as the Army’s light tracked combat vehicle fleet.
Red River Army Depot is home to the following units:
- Directorate for Emergency Services
- Directorate for Maintenance
- Directorate for Information Management
- Directorate for Quality
- Directorate for Resource Management
- Directorate for Public Works
- Directorate for Emergency Services
- Base Transition
- Community Support
- Equal Opportunity
- Public Affairs
- Systems Integration
- Business Management
- Continuous Improvement
- IRAC / ACT IG
- LEAD Office
- New Boston (3 miles west)
- Old Boston (5 miles)
- Texarkana (18 miles west)
Closest MAJOR City: Shreveport, Louisiana (about 1.5 hours)
Names of Area Colleges:
Weather: Summers in this area of Texas can be very hot. Average summer temperature is 95 degrees and in winter the average is 55 degrees. This area averages approximately 50 inches of rain a year. The rainiest month is May. The average annual snowfall is approximately 2 inches.
Time Zone: Central Time Zone
SPECIFIC POST INFORMATION
To access the post website, click here.
HOUSING: There is no on-post housing available at Red River Army Depot.
Major realty/rental companies in the area:
- Son Town Real Estate, New Boston
- Keller Williams, Texarkana
- RE/MAX, Texarkana
There is no School Liaison Officer for this area, and there are no on-post schools.
- Texarkana Independent School District (TX)
- Texarkana Arkansas School District (AR)
- Liberty-Eylau Independent School District (TX)
- Pleasant Grove Independent School District (TX)
Texarkana ISD (TX)
- Elementary: Paul Laurence Dunbar Early Education Center (Pre-K), Highland Park Elementary (PreK through Grade 5), Martha and Josh Morriss Mathematics and Engineering Elementary (Grades K-5), Nash Elementary (PreK-Grade 5), Spring Lake Park Elementary (PreK-Grade 5), Theron Jones Early Literacy Center (K-2), Waggoner Creek Elementary (Grades K-5), Wake Village Elementary (PreK-Grade 5), and Westlawn Elementary (Grades 3-5).
- Middle: Texas Middle School (Grades 6-8)
- High School: Texas High School (Grades 9-12)
Texarkana Arkansas School District
- Elementary: College Hill Elementary (PreK-Grade 4), Fairview Elementary (Grades K-4), Kilpatrick Elementary (Grades K-4), Trice Elementary (Grades K-4), and Union Elementary (Grades K-4).
- Middle: College Hill Middle School (Grades 5 and 6) and North Heights Junior High School (Grades 7 and 8)
- High School: Arkansas High School (Grades 9-12)
Liberty-Eylau Independent School District
- Elementary: Liberty-Eylau Pre-Kindergarten Center (PreK and K) and Liberty-Eylau Elementary School (Grades 1-4)
- Middle: Liberty-Eylau Middle School (Grades 5-8)
- High School: Liberty-Eylau High School (Grades 9-12)
Pleasant Grove Independent School District
- Elementary: Pleasant Grove Elementary School (PreK-Grade 2) and Pleasant Grove Intermediate School (Grades 3-5)
- Middle: Pleasant Grove Middle School (Grades 6-8)
- High School: Pleasant Grove High School (Grades 9-12)
- Private/Charter: St. James Day School, Veritas Academy, and Trinity Christian School
- Hospital: Wadley Regional Medical Center and Christus St Michael Health System
- Urgent Care: Exceed Urgent Care, Express Care, and Excel ER
- General Practitioners: Family Medical Group—Texarkana
- Dentist: Lippian Family Dentistry, Twice as Nice Dental, and Pleasant Grove Family Dentistry
- OBGYN: Stephen R. Brown, M.D. andVernon Shaffer, Jr., M.D.
Best place for beauty services:
SOCIAL MEDIA CONNECTIONS:
Army Wife Network does not promote or endorse these groups; however, we know they can be helpful in learning about various duty stations, so they are provided for your convenience.
Installation Facebook page: RRAD