One of the most challenging aspects of the military spouse life is preparing for an upcoming PCS or if you get the chance, potentially picking a new duty station. There is a lot of information out there, and it can be almost overwhelming.
We here at Army Wife Network want to take the some of the guesswork out of the need-to-knows about duty stations around the globe. Hence, our POST WITH THE MOST SERIES. In this particular blog, we will be showcasing information related to Camp Humphreys, South Korea.
(If you have additional tips, information, connections or personal testimonials about this military location, feel free to leave a comment below to help out your fellow military spouse. Thanks!)
Camp Humphreys, South Korea is the army’s largest installation in the Pacific. It is located near the border between North and South Korea.
Camp Humphreys, South Korea is home to the following units:
• 1-38 Branch Movement Control
• 176thFinancial Battalion
• 194thCombat Sustainment Support Battalion
• 20TH MP Detachment
• 2nd Combat Aviation Brigade
• 3-2 Aviation Regiment
• 304th Signal Battalion
• 339 QMCO
• 35thADA Brigade
• 4-2 Aviation
• 4-58thAirfield Operations Battalion
• 501stSignal Co.520th(TMDE)
• 524thMilitary Intelligence Battalion
• 532ndMilitary Intelligence Battalion
• 557th MP Co.
• 568th Medical Co.
• 6-52 ADA
• 602 Battalion
• 607th WS
• 618th Dental Co.
• 75th Medical Co.
• 719thMilitary Intelligence Battalion
• 7thROK Air Force Commo
• 94thMilitary Police Battalion
- Anjung-Ri (6 miles)
- Pyeonggtaek (4.5 miles)
- Osan (13 miles)
- Suwon (21 miles)
Closest MAJOR City: Seoul (Approximately 55 miles)
Names of Area Colleges: All education opportunities are offered through the Camp Humphreys Army Education Center
- University of Phoenix
- Central Texas College
- University of Maryland University College—Asia
Weather: Weather in South Korea is typically sunny and cold in the winter with the summers being hot and lots of rain due to the monsoons. Driest season is winter and rainiest is summer. There is a spring and fall, but they are short and sweet.
Time Zone: Korea Standard Time (13 hours ahead of Eastern Time). South Korea does not observe Daylight Savings.
SPECIFIC POST INFORMATION
To access the post website, click here.
HOUSING: Visit the installation housing office to learn more about what is offered.
School District: DODEA School District–Pacific West
- Elementary: Humphreys Central Elementary School (Grades K-5) and Humphreys West Elementary School(Grades K-5)
- Middle School: Humphreys Middle School (Grades 6-8)
- High School: Humphreys High School (Grades 9-12)
- Child and Youth Services
- Army Community Service
- SFC Ray E. Duke Memorial Library
- Suwon Library
- PCMH Humphreys Medical Clinic
- Camp Humphreys United Club
- Chaplain & Religious Services/Organizations
Best place for beauty services:
- Le Miel
- The Braai
- Moti Mahal
- Italy Pizza
SOCIAL MEDIA CONNECTIONS:
Army Wife Network does not promote or endorse these groups; however, we know they can be helpful in learning about various duty stations, so they are provided for your convenience.
Installation Facebook page: USAG Camp Humphreys
Military Spouse Groups: